A beautiful recipe inspired by a recent holiday to Crete (staying in the village of Almyrida), where we experienced the most amazing mediterranean flavours … this classic Cretan salad is a winner and a must try.
I am thrilled to share this amazing flavour combination with all those salad lovers out there, the secret is the addition of beautifully creamy roquefort (blue cheese) and a basil dressing.
'Almyrida' Pear and Roquefort (Blue Cheese) Salad
- Mixed Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium Pear, thinly sliced or julienned
- ¼ cup Dried Figs, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 200 g Roquefort (Blue cheese), chopped
- ½ cup Basil Dressing
- 1 bunch Basil
- ⅔ cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey
- ⅓ cup Water
- Place leaves in a large salad bowl
- Add dried fruit, nuts, pear and cheese
- Drizzle with dressing and gently toss
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until well combined.