Sometimes you just come across fabulous and slightly unusual flavour combinations on a menu and think ‘I’ll try that!’.
Here’s my take on the ‘Soup of the Day’ at The Finnygook Pub, Crafthole, Cornwall, UK.
Broccoli & Blue Cheese Soup
I know it's technically not cold enough in Australia for sou (It is December after all) , but I think this bowl of goodness and flavour is suitable all year round.
- 800 g Broccoli, cut into florets
- 200 g Blue cheese, chopped
- 1 med Brown Onion, chopped
- 1 Leek (white only), chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 cups Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt & White pepper to taste
- Sweat off onions and leek in butter
- Add garlic stir until fragrant
- Add broccoli and stock (enough to cover broccoli) and bring to a simmer, cook until soft
- Add blue cheese and blitz with a stick blender until really smooth
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and garnish with some finely sliced spring onion