Not indifferent to our popular ‘Prawn Pesto Zoodles’ recipe, still very green, still very delicious. Simply swapping out the prawns for chicken and changing the vegetables slightly.
Zoodles (zucchini noodles), a fabulous way to embrace and enjoy your favourite sauces, flavours and dishes without the heaviness of rice, pasta or noodles.
Winner, winner chicken dinner … enjoy!
Chicken Pesto Zoodles
- 500 g Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into bite size chunks
- 3 med Zucchini, spiralised (Zoodles)
- 1 med Broccoli head, cut into florets
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 med Leek, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Long Red chilli, finely chopped
- Parmesan, shaved
- Toasted Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 handful Basil Leaves
- 2 handful Mint leaves
- 80 g Pine nuts
- 50 g Paremsan, grated
- 120 ml Olive oil
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Pan-fry leek, garlic and chilli in a little olive oil until softened
- Add chicken and pesto (approx. 3 tbsp - refer recipe above), stir 4-5 mins
- Add Cherry tomatoes, stir
- Microwave brocolli for 1 min
- Add Zoodles and microwave a further 1 min**Care not to overcook the zoodles, they will cook a little more in the pan when tossing them with othere ingredients, you want them el dente.
- Add drained vegetables to chicken/pesto mix. Toss until well coated.
- Make sure the chicken in cooked through, and add more pesto if needed.
- Serve, topping with toasted pines nuts and shaved parmesan