Calling all pesto lovers…
Fresh, light, and simple ingredients … this dish is really easy to throw together for a really ‘green’ but brilliantly delicious and nutritious bowl of goodness.
A wonderful combination using a base of coconut cream and pesto, simply complete by adding fresh seafood and a few veggies of choice.
Creamy Pesto Seafood
Pesto … so versatile and a great base for any combination, simply swap out the seafood for chicken, fish or protein of choice.
- 16 King Prawns, green
- 16 Scallops, raw
- 1 Broccoli head, cut into florets
- 6 Aspargus spears, cut into pieces
- 10 Green Beans, cut in pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Chilli (long red), finely chpped
- 1 cup Coconut cream
- ½ cup Pesto
- 1 tbs Pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 handful Basil
- 2 handful Mint
- 80 g Pine nuts
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- 120 ml Olive oil
- 1 tbs Lemon juice
- Steam broccoli, asparagus and beans until el dente (set aside)
- Pan-fry garlic and chilli in a little olive oil until softened
- Add prawns, scallops, tomatoes and pesto fry till seafood is just cooked
- Add coconut cream, simmer gently
- Add drained vegetables … toss until well coated
- Make sure the seafood is cooked through … add more pesto if you needed
- Serve on Cauliflower rice, topped with toasted pine nuts
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine well, adjust flavours accordingly.
Leave A Comment