Such a fabulous addition to any dish, concoction or grazing plate.
Being a little fussy and focused on the quality of produce and products I’m always on the hunt for products with no hidden nasties, preservatives, additives, seed oils and added sugar … and it’s not always easy.
When it comes to pickled onions it’s no different, there are loads of brands on the market but very few without nasties.
So … here is a brilliant, delicious and super easy solution … ‘Easy Peasy Pickled Onions’.
Easy Peasy Pickled Onions
- 4 med Red Onions, thinly sliced in rings
- 500 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Star Anise
- 2 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Salt
- Peel and slice onions
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well
- Place mixed ingredients in a jar
- Cover the onions with additional Apple Cider Vinegar if required