Mussels … the quickest, easiest, tastiest, healthiest (and a little bit fancy looking 😉) bowl of yumminess.
Simplicity and another beautiful combination of my favourite flavours.
These tasty little morsels are prepped and cooked in minutes. Tip: Try adding some chopped tomatoes and maybe a dollop of cream for a little extra yum.
- 2 kg Mussels, washed and beards removed
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup White Wine (dry)
- 1 Long Red Chili, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Herbs of choice (mint, parsley and/or coriander are fabulous)
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tbs Butter
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan
- Add garlic, chilli and spring onions, lightly sauté
- Add broth and wine, reduce (2-3 mins)
- Add mussels, cover, steam until open (6-10 mins)
- Add herbs and toss
- Serve with lemon wedges (for squeezing)