Comfort food … is my kind of food 😃
‘Italian Meatballs with Zoodles’ … an oldie but a goodie. Quick and easy home-cooking with amaze-balls results.
Italian Meatballs with Zoodles
Simple flavours, with spectaculr results. I also love to add a few chilli flakes for a little extra zing.
- 300 g Pork mince
- 300 g Beef mince
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 400 g Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Passata
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 1 handful Fresh Basil, shredded
- 10 Kalamata Olives, halved
- 120 g Buffalo Mozzarella, torn into chunks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large fry pan, sauté ½ onion and ½ garlic until translucent, cool.
- In a mixing bowl place mince, sautéed onion and garlic, egg and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll into bite size balls
- Heat fry pan and sauté the meatballs until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same fry pan add remaining olive oil, onion and garlic sauté until translucent
- Lower heat, add tomatoes, passata and chicken broth simmer gently approx. 15 minutes until reduced.
- Add olives, spinach, basil and meatballs, stir gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place torn pieces of mozzarella on top and allow to melt a little.
- Serve on ‘Zoodles’ (spiralised zucchini) and top with a good scattering of shaved parmesan.