Comfort food, my favourite food.
Highly recommend this super easy ‘Buttery-Lemony-Herby’ Roast Chicken … succulent, healthy and amazingly delicious.
Lemon Herb Roast Chicken
... super juicy and loaded with flavour. Serve with veggies of choice. I love the simplicity of sautéed cabbage, carrot, leek and a little kimchi.
- 1.5 kilo Whole Chicken
- 100 gr Butter
- 1 Lemon, quartered
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs Rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Slather the chicken with butter
- Place 2 lemon quarters and 1 sprig of rosemary inside the chicken
- Place chicken in roasting tray. Pour broth around the chicken
- Drizzle with olive oil and juice from 2 lemon quarters
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and garlic
- Roast (uncovered) for 1hr 20mins, until golden brown, basting often
- Serve with veggies of choice
Leave A Comment