Cosy winter nights … comfy clothes, a soft sofa and a big bowl of hearty healthy soup.
I love Chowder… a thick, wholesome stew-like soup, and this Cauliflower Seafood Chowder is just brilliant. A slight twist on the traditional recipe, replacing the potato base with cauliflower. Low in carbs, light on the tummy with no compromise on flavour.
Low Carb Cauliflower Seafood Chowder
Replace potato with cauliflower for a nurturing low carb seafood chowder.
- 500 g Mussels, washed
- 500 g Snapper (or other firm white fish), cut into chunks
- 12 Green king prawns, shelled and deveined
- 800 ml Chicken broth
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Medium head of Cauliflower, chopped (¾ soup, ¼ garnish)
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Lemon, juice added to taste
- ¼ Cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 2 rashes Bacon
- 1 long red Chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- Herbs, I used parsley and coriander, chopped
- Place cauliflower florets (for garnish) on a try. Roast (approx. 15mins). Set aside.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and lightly pan fry. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrot, celery and garlic in a little oil of your choice.
- Add remaining cauliflower and broth, bring to boil then allow to simmer.
- Once reduced and vegetables are soft, blend to your desired consistency.
- Add chopped tomatoes and seafood and cook for 5-10 minutes, until cooked.
- Add parsley, coriander, a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with roasted cauliflower, bacon, chilli and herbs.
Leave A Comment