Calling all Salmon lovers 😋
Using the simplest of ingredients for maximum WOW, highly recommend this crowd pleaser … so good, super easy and amazingly delicious.
Oven Baked Pesto Salmon with Salmon 'Crackling'
Using beautiful wild caught salmon fillets topping with 'Basil & Mint Pesto'... and served on a fresh and lightly dressed green salad.
- 4 200g Salmon fillets (skin off and set aside)
- 4 tbsp Basil & Mint Pesto (see recipe link via website)
- ⅓ cup Fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Lemon, squeeze
- Pre heat oven to 180c
- Place salmon fillets on an oven tray lined with baking paper
- Lightly brush salmon with olive oil
- Top each fillet with pesto
- Bake for 20mins for medium rare adjust timing for your preference
- Meanwhile, (while the salmon is baking) lightly salt and oil salmon skin and fry on a high heat in your fry pan until crispy (a couple of minutes on each side)
- Remove salmon from the oven add a little shaved parmesan cheese, a tiny squeeze of lemon and the super crispy 'salmon cracking'
- Serve with a salad of mixed leaves, vegetables of choice, dressed with olive oil and apple cider vinegar