I just love Zoodles (zucchini noodles), such a fabulous way to embrace and enjoy your favourite sauces, flavours and dishes without the heaviness of rice, pasta or noodles.
This amazing dish is one of my favourites using zoodles and has been a regular in our house for the past few years. Super quick, super easy, light on the tummy, delicious and really nutritious.
So … if you haven’t already been converted, find yourself a spiraliser (there is lots of varieties and brands out there) and spiralise away … try replacing your pasta, rice and noodles with your vegetable of choice. Some of my regulars are zucchini (of course), carrot, cucumber (for salads), sweet potato and beetroot.
Prawn Pesto Zoodles
- 20 King prawns (green)
- 3 Zucchinis, spiralised (Zoodles)
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 Asparagus speaks, cut into quarters
- 10 Green beans, cut into thirds
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 long red Chilli, minced
- Olive oil
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Parmesan, shaved
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 handfuls Basil leaves
- 2 handfuls Mint leaves
- 80 g Pine nuts
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- 120 ml Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pan-fry leek, garlic and chilli in a little olive oil until softened.
- Add prawns and pesto (approx. 4 tbsp see recipe below).
- Microwave broccoli, asparagus and beans for 1.5 mins.
- Add zoodles and microwave a further 1.5mins. ** Careful not to overcook the zoodles, they will cook a little more in the pan when tossing them, you want them to be al dente.
- Add drained vegetables to the prawns/pesto mix. Toss until well coated.
- Make sure the prawns are cooked through. Add more pesto if you needed.
- Serve, topping with toasted pine nuts and shaved parmesan.
- Place all Pesto ingredients in a blender and combine well, adjust flavours accordingly.