‘Preserved Lemons’ are so easy, delicious and can add amazing flavour to loads of different recipes. I especially love to add them to roasted meats and moroccan dishes
Why not try this amazing recipe, you are guaranteed to have lemons 'on hand' most months of the year.
- 1 kg Lemons
- 150 gr Salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 10 Peppercorns
- Extra, Lemon Juice if needed
- Sterilise your jars of choice. I use a large jar about 2 litres in size
- Quarter lemons
- Place 1 tablespoon of salt on the bottom of the jar
- Place a few layers of lemons into the jar, press down to release the juice
- Keep layering … salt, lemons, salt, lemons… keep pressing
- Also pop the spices in (maybe down the side of the jar)
- If there’s not enough juice squeeze a few extra lemons and cover. NOTE: The lemons must be submerged in juice and salt.
- Seal, allow to ferment in a dark place for about 6 weeks. Once opened and using, pop in the fridge, they will last months.
TIP: Rinse off excess salt before use
Leave A Comment