Good vibes, friendships and feasts … gatherings with like-minded folks enjoying laughter, connection, conversation and tasty morsels.
No feasting plate is complete without olives, especially these beautiful plump, delicious and flavoursome ‘Warm Moroccan Olives’… this recipe is inspired by a trip to Morocco a few years back and a cooking course at the coastal village of Essaouira.
The most simple and spectacular ingredients enhanced by serving warm.
Warm Moroccan Olives
Wonderful flavours enhanced when served warm, perfect for feasting with friends.
- 100 g Green olives, drained
- 100 g Kalamata olives, drained
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon rind, thinly sliced
- Cayenne pepper, good pinch
- Parsley (or herbs of choice), chopped
- Place olives in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- In a saucepan add olive oil and fennel seeds, heat gently.
- Add garlic, olives, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, lemon rind and herbs and heat gently until fragrant.
Leave A Comment