‘Zoodles Bolognese’, is inspired by my Mum’s ‘famous’ Bolognese Sauce … it has seen a few little changes over years including being served on ‘zucchini noodles’ not pasta, but Ssshhhh … don’t tell her.
Hearty, healthy, simple, nutrient-dense and super delicious ... recreating 'home-made' recipes I grew up on.
- 300 gr Pork mince
- 300 gr Beef Mince
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 large Field mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Long red chilli, finely chopped
- 400 gr Tomatoes, chopped
- 500 ml Passata
- good splash Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbs Fresh Herbs (I use Parsley, Oregano, Thyme)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sauté onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms, chilli and garlic in a little oil (I use olive oil, butter or ghee) until soft
- Add mince, cook until browned
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well
- Simmer for 20 minutes until reduced
- Serve on ‘Zoodles’ (spiralised zucchini) and top with a good scattering of shaved parmesan.